What will you get in a one-day training in Emotion Efficacy Therapy (EET)?
- Learn a brief treatment that will work with any clients struggling with their emotions
- Help clients understand the role of emotions and demystify emotional experience
- Help clients learn the consequences of Experiential/Emotion Avoidance and benefits of Psychological Flexibility
- Help clients sit with intense emotions without acting on them, ruminating or avoiding them
- Help clients increase their ability to tolerate distress and downshift emotional intensity in crisis situations
- Help clients clarify their values and choose what matters most to them, even during intense distress
- Learn how to do emotion exposure and imaginal exposure so clients can better access skills outside of session
- 7 CEs for licensed mental health professionals
Sunday, October 22, 2017
Aprilia West, PsyD, MT
Antioch University, Culver City, Los Angeles
8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
*includes access to a digital download to Emotion Efficacy Therapy (Context Press, 2016), a clinician's guide with sample therapist scripts, client handouts and worksheets and a step-by-step protocol for working with individuals or groups. Hard copies will also be available for purchase.
Space is limited. To register: https://www.praxiscet.com/events/emotion-efficacy-therapy-3